Reblogged from Mind Connections: My other blog- It is time to mark another year of existing on this planet and a trip around the sun. (Song at the bottom) I am excited to have made it this far and am encouraged and looking forward to the adventures that the next year is going to bring. Each year in retrospect, I am always kind of stunned by the number of people that have entered my life and effected me in a positive, powerful way. Some who don’t even realize it. Here are my top 49 thoughts on my 49th year.
1. It is great to still be here!
2. Conversations with people are some of the most important moments in life.
3. I wonder why the world hates the New England Patriots, whom love so dearly.
4. People are kind and giving for the most part and it is beautiful to watch.
5. You can’t hurry love, it just has to wait.
6. Old friends are the best ones because there is no bullshitting each other.
7. People criticize others only about weakness or fears that they possess themselves.
8. Love is my religion
9. The world through nature is all connected, if you look at the sky from anywhere on the planet and breathe deeply, you can find peace within.
10. Gratitude for all that you have brings peace and happiness to your life.
11. Gossip is the lowest form of communication.
12. My life this year has been sponsored by Panera Bread and Planet Fitness
13. I learn something new each and every day
14. I can like you and not like your opinions
15. I want to know who put the old guy in the mirror
16. Working out and taking care of ourselves physically is vital to happiness.
17. Kindness counts and is a choice
18. Attitude is everything
19. The right question can totally change your life
2o. People will astound you
21. Everybody has unique value
22. I am not 21 years old anymore
23. Even when you do things right, pain can be the result.
24. Consciousness is not something you achieve, it is sa constant evolution of expanding, phenomenal possibilities.
25. People can only criticize those weaknesses they see in themselves, otherwise they don’t notice them
26. Enjoy all people in your life. If they are not enjoyable, get them out of your life
27. Life is too short to waste time not being exactly who you are.
28. Our thoughts lead to words. Our words lead to feelings. Our feelings lead to actions. It all starts with thoughts.
29. Curiosity is a good thing.
30. Forgiveness is vital to being happy. You can never be happy if you carry a grudge against someone else or yourself.
31. Worry is wasting today’s energy on something that may never happen. Worry has no power to stop it.
32. What would life look like if people weren’t afraid.
33. Pain or pleasure- all decisions in life are made based on this ratio. Does the pleasure of doing something outweigh the pain of not doing it?
34. What ever you focus on in life increases.
35. There is a difference between being interested in something and being committed to it.
36. The obstacles in life generally teach you how to hurdle well.
37. The subconscious mind really runs the show of life. Make sure it is running a good one.
38. All people have an energy and the frequency of that energy reflects the beliefs of that person.
39. Actions will destroy fear, always. Take big, bold, powerful action.
40. Magic does happen when you believe in the results.
41. Our past is prologue to the story our lives write right now.
42. Nothing in life should be taken personally
43. We all have a personal legend and we write that every day.
44. Do your best each day to be your best, nothing more can be expected.
45. Be honest, clear and impeccable with your words, misunderstandings and false expectations are completely eliminated.
46. You can’t assume anything about someone else, their actions or thoughts so ask.
47. Thinking about something and doing it are two very different things!
48. If you don’t like the situation you are in, then change it.
49. Being yourself completely should be the focus of life, if you never let anyone see who you really are, how can you attract people to you who share similar interests?
There it is for this year, 49 thoughts on turning 49. I remember when I thought 25 was ancient, now I don’t think I am all that old. Life is a fleeting journey who’s end is already known. It is the actions we take and the lives we affect in a positive way along the way that matter. I look forward to the next trip around the sun.